Comparable Market Price $1,995.00
Considered a mountain bike but with the added benefit of an electric throttle system, the bold and agile Storm 500 is at home on the trails or riding around town. You will appreciate the strength and high torque of the 500-watt direct drive motor, which delivers 720 watts at peak, and the ability to cruise at speeds of up to 20 mph. Easily turn the half-twist throttle to activate the “power-on-demand” propulsion system or simply pedal as you would on a regular bicycle for your routine exercise. Providing distances of 25 to 30 miles per charge, the high-capacity, 38-volt 9 amp advanced lithium ion battery (LiFePO4) is green energy efficient. The SRAM X7 Twist 8-speed shifter ensures a quick and crisp transition through its 8 gears. You will also feel the stopping power in the Avid BB5 disc brakes, and Avid 180mm HS1, heat-shedding rotors. The Continental Double Fighter 26-inch tires roll smoothly and quietly on tarmac and offer reliable grip on off-road terrain. The foldable, pewter metallic Storm 500 is simply one of the most stunning modes of transportation ever seen on the electric bicycle market.
* Prices may vary in Hawaii, Alaska, and Internationally due to increased shipping costs.
- ½ Twist Throttle
- Avid BB5 Disc Brakes and Avid 180mm HS1 Rotors
- Conti Double Fighter 26 x 1.9 Tires and Triple Box Wide 32mm Rims
- SRAM X7 Twist 8 Speed Shifter
- SRAM X5 8 Speed Mid Derailleur
- 38.4V 9Ah LiFePO4 24 Cell Battery
- Rear Direct Drive 36V 500W Motor
- 20 mph Speed
- 25-30 Mile Distance
- Folded Dimensions: 48″ x 36″ x 28″
- 55 lbs
Folding hinge bikes are for city and light trail riding but not mountain riding. If your style of riding is more aggressive, check out the new Outlaw series.